Monday, November 3, 2008

Political Soapbox

So in the spirit of the current election and paying homage to both sides of thought. I’m going to let myself get classically Bill O’Reilly, riled up and then in true Rachel Maddow fashion, try to talk myself down....
Since the advent of the bloggisphere allows for each of us to put our world view out there and hear back what everyone else’s view is, here goes. I will not say whom I’m supporting, I will not endorse one side or the other, yes I do know who I am voting for but that is the least of my concerns at the moment. I will simply ask the question that every political pundit has been glossing over and trying to force feed me as if I was an 18 month old in a high chair. While all this information is floating around, from the emails to the outright campaigns for the mis-information of the public, when did we as a nation accept what someone else’s opinion is as the truth and stop thinking for ourselves?
I had this little realization that we as society and a culture have become adverse if not outright allergic to free and independent thinking every time I turn on one of the 3 major news stations, yes I watch MSNBC, Fox and CNN, so I’m about as balanced as I can be in this media climate. Minus the outright slant, spin and overall attempt at indoctrinating me into a single school of thought, I once clung to the hope that Americans crave and respected the idea of study to show thyself approved and have realized that we much prefer the filtered and often wrongly sanitized version of what someone else studied for themselves.
Regardless of your political affiliation, regardless of which you chose to support, men willing to think for themselves and challenge the ideas of the establishment in order to form a more perfect union founded this country. America when will we remember who we are and what we stand for and each of us individually take responsibility for the decisions we make, the values we have and the moral compass we are governed by? Simply, stop believing all the hype and go do what is your fundamental human responsibility. LEARN SOMETHING that someone else didn’t tell you first!

No comments: